December 10, 2018
The Top Hairstyles for Long Hair 2018
How to Keep Long Hair Healthy
1. Eat right
2. Get regular trims
3. Use the right products
4. Cool it on the coloring
Now that you have a better understanding of how and why proper maintenance, conditioning, and naturally-based products are the foundation of any gorgeous, long hairstyle, the next step is styling.
We have compiled a list of the best long hairstyles for women, along with steps on how to do them.
1. Beach Waves.
- Step 1 – The Ponytail Method. One of the easiest ways to achieve beach waves with long hair is the ponytail method. The trick to getting those long, wavy beach waves is to gather your hair into a high ponytail.
Then, use a curling iron to style the tied section. A bonus to this method is that it’s easy to keep track of the strands that have been curled already.
Finish with a control hairspray like Monat’s Refinish Control Hairspray, and you’re done!
- Step 2 – Twist and Texture. Another easy way to achieve beach waves in just a few minutes is the twist method.
First, twist each side of your hair tightly, and then slowly run your flat iron down the length of the twist.
Then, follow up with a texturizing mist to add some volume and to create some piecey-ness to your style.
- Step 3 – Beach “Bun”. Is a more natural, air dry style more your speed? The most low-maintenance method for achieving a beachy wave look is the bun method.
First, wash your hair (using a safe, moisture-rich product like the ones we suggested above).
Then, apply a styling cream, like Monat’s Restyle Instant Sculpting Taffy.
Finally, twist your hair into 2-3 buns at the nape of your neck, pin, and then wait it out! In a few hours, you’ll achieve a shiny, natural wave look—no heat needed.
2. Half-Up Long Hairstyles.
- Step 1 – Triple Twist. One favorite is the triple-twist half-up style.
First, loosely curl your hair either using a curling iron or one of the beach wave tactics above.
Then, use a texturizing spray. Part hair down the middle, and twist a small section of hair from the left over to the right and pin it.
Repeat this same step on the right, and then repeat on each side with sections of hair below the first ones.
- Step 2 – Simple and Sweet. . If you’re looking for a simpler method, take a page out of Diane Kruger’s book with a half-up hairstyle that pulls the top section into a small ponytail, then winds the end around to hide the band.
The key here is to ensure you’re using the right styling products to keep your long hair touchably soft and frizz-free.
3. Braided Hairstyles.
- Step 1 – The Braided Ponytail. The braided ponytail is a super simple style that only requires a side part, a simple three strand braid, and a piece of hair folded to cover the elastic. Make sure to separate out your side braid so it’s full and luscious.
- Step 2 – The Fishtail Braid. We promise—this one only looks challenging, but once you nail it, we guarantee this might become your go-to long hairstyle.
Start with a good styling creme and follow the steps carefully to achieve a look that is perfect for long hair.
Pull your hair to one side, separate your hair with your hands, and then pull the rest of the hair through.
Repeat until you get to the end and tie with an elastic.
- Step 3 – The Mermaid Braid. This is another trendy long hairstyle that only looks complicated and time consuming.
Simply start french-braiding your hair halfway down the back of your head, and to one side.
The key to this long hairstyle is to keep the braid loose. Not only will this make it easier to braid, but it will also give you that loose, casual look that also screams sexy and sophisticated.
Easy-Peasy Hairstyles for Long Hair