Spring is here and with it comes new trends. But sometimes making the trends work for you personally can pose a challenge. What to do?
For example, the power print typical of Wall Street executives was reimagined in stylish ways by front row regulars at the shows for spring 2017. The latest take on the boardroom staple? Roomy wide-leg pants and feminine, slouchy silhouettes.But what if you’re too short? Well, here’s how to work around this dilemma. If you can’t wear long pants, rock the trend by wearing a fresh pair of culottes that cut right below the knee. Now, what if you consider yourself too wide for slouchy silhouettes? Cinch the waist! There’s not much a cinched waist can’t fix!
Image Source: volvoab.com
When it comes to hair, sleek, shiny and parted in the middle is big this spring. But this only works if your hair is healthy. That means no frizz. We get frizzy hair when the cuticle layer is lifted up and moisture goes through, inflating the strands and making your hair look dry and, well, frizzy!
To get a smooth and silky look, use a treatment before you shampoo to hydrate and soften the cuticle, like MONAT’s REJUVENIQE®. You can use this nourishing oil once a week as well as an oil treatment to give your hair the moisture it desperately needs to smooth out the frizz. You also can take an old toothbrush, spray it with hairspray, like MONAT’s Refinish Control Hairspray, and gently brush it on any wisps and flyaways to make them lie down.
Another spring hair trend is the “hair flip.” Flip your hair from one side to the other and you create natural volume. But what if your hair is simply flat flat flat? Sometimes using the wrong products, ones that are heavy and thick, could be causing your flatness. Or using conditioner all over your hair instead of just mid-length to ends can weigh it down. Find out about MONAT’s Volume System—Revive Shampoo, Revitalize Conditioner and Reshape Root Lifter—to give your hair height and a lot of oomph!
See? These spring trends are doable. You just need to know the tricks!
It’s not difficult to put together an outfit. Pair a top with a bottom and you’re done. But there’s a difference between regular outfits and outfits that make you feel like a million bucks. While everyone has their own distinctive style, a few new tips never hurt anyone. So to stay up to date on what to wear, here are some dos (and don’ts!) of dressing.
- DO Try Denim in Unexpected Places: You can never go wrong with jeans or your classic denim jacket. However, one way to look 100% more fashionable this season is to test out denim in unexpected places like in a coat iteration or even on an accessory.
- DON’T Go Overboard: While we love denim on denim, make sure you don’t go overboard with your alternative denim pieces.
- DO Mix Textures: There’s nothing more forward-feeling and chic than mixing different textures like velvet, silk, cashmere and everything in between.
- DON’T Look Like You’re Trying Too Hard: Mixing textures is great but make sure your separates still go together. Pay close attention to the colors and patterns so it doesn’t look like you’re trying too hard.
- DO Go For Statement Boots: Right now we’re flooded with amazing boots in a wide array of interesting and unique patterns and textures—perfect to help you stand out from the crowd.
- DON’T Just Stick to Basic Black: While black boots will always be in style, a little change (cue: statement boots) never hurt anyone.
- DO Push for the Unexpected: Nothing is better than pushing the boundaries when it comes to fashion—like pairing two seemingly different styles of clothing together (like a nerd-chic sweater with a femme skirt).
- DON’T Wear a Costume: While going for the different is fantastic, ensure that you’re not just throwing together random items that scream costume!
- DO Add Layers: Layering is not only crucial to keeping warm during winter but it’s also the simplest way to look put together and fashionable.
- DON’T Forget about Proportions: While layering is undoubtedly chic, there is such a thing as too much layering. Make sure to watch proportions. Don’t bulk up too much with too many extra fabrics hanging about randomly.
When it comes to hair DO’s, low ponytails, ballerina buns, ultra-voluminous hair and the fringe cut are totally in. Use MONAT’s Sculpting Taffy to help strands stay in place!
*This blog was inspired by various fashion sources in the public domain.