MONAT Global Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 643 469 818)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser
on your device or computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies can help a website
to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly. Some cookies may allow us to recreate and
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has originated; the "lifetime" of the cookie; and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
MONAT uses two types of cookies on our Sites:
- Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site; and
- Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
HOW ARE COOKIES USED ON THIS SITE AND WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
These are used for the following purposes:
- to allow you to carry information across pages of our Site(s) and avoid having to re-enter information; and
- within registration to allow you to access stored information.
These are used for the following purposes:
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (using a number) when you return to our website;
- to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly;
- to compile aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website;
- to identify and resolve user experience issues and improve website operations; and
Third Party Cookies
Third parties may also serve cookies via the Sites. These are used for the following purposes:
- to tailor content to your preferences;
- to count the number of users of our site; and
- to provide security within shopping baskets or transactions.
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear GIFs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These beacons are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
HOW DO I DISABLE AND ENABLE COOKIES?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However,
you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our Sites if cookies are disabled.
Should you wish to be alerted before a cookie is accepted on your hard disk, guideline instructions follow below:
- Cookies settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookies settings in Firefox
- Cookies settings in Chrome
- Cookies settings in Safari web and iOS.
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Open 'Windows Explorer'
- Click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
- Type "cookies" into the search box for 'Folders and Files'
- Select 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' box
- Click 'Search Now'
- Double click on the folders that are found
- 'Select' any cookie file
- Hit the 'Delete' button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select "cookies" in the "Help" function of your browser for information on where to find your cookie folder.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Depending on the applicable law, you may have various rights in respect to your personal information, such as
a right of access, rectification, restriction of or, objection to processing of your personal data (including
processing for direct marketing), and portability to another controller and erasure. Some of our Sites allow you
to review and update your personal information. Where this function is not available and for assistance within
respect to other personal information rights, please contact MONAT’s Data Protection Officer using the information
Please note that these rights are subject to limitations set out in applicable law.
Privacy laws, guidelines and case law change continuously. MONAT therefore reserves the right to amend this Policy from time to time. Where changes to the Policy are material, we will provide you with reasonable notice before the changes take effect. We recommend that you visit our Sites periodically to be aware of the latest version of our Policy.
Last Updated: June 23, 2021