November 18, 2015
by MONAT Global
Hair Care 101
QUICK FACTS ABOUT HAIR LOSS
Did you know…?
- According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), Female Pattern Hair Loss, also known as androgenetic alopecia, affects about 50 million men and 30 million women in the US.
- Up to 40% of women in America experience hair loss.
- It’s normal to lose between 50 and 100 hairs each day.
Besides hereditary thinning or baldness, other possible causes of hair loss include:
- Stress experienced due to traumatic events, such as the loss of a loved one
- Nutritional deficiencies caused by low intakes of protein, iron, vitamin D, and calcium
- Hormonal changes like those experienced during menopause
- Illnesses or medical conditions such as thyroid disease, diabetes, lupus or anemia
- Excessively pulling your hair throughout the years with tight ponytails, buns, and braids
- Excessive use and application of chemicals such hair relaxers, perms, bleaches, and dyes
How MONAT Can Help
Excessive sebum in the scalp, often accompanying thinning hair, is attributed to general inflammatory conditions in the body. MONAT’s seven Treatment Systems have been specially formulated with key ingredient Capixyl™, which aids in hair regrowth and maintains a well-hydrated scalp. With Red Clover Extract, Capixyl can boost stronger, thicker and healthier tresses.
To see before-and after hair photos.
*Testimonials are not a guarantee as to outcomes. Individual results may vary.