Have you ever left a beauty salon feeling wonderful and confident, or frustrated and uncomfortable? Studies have shown that our hair can have a great impact on how we see and feel about ourselves, and even on how we behave in social environments. A hair style can even alter the perception that other people have of us. But that’s ok, diversity is a beautiful thing! And hair can be so versatile and fun, that by changing your style you can easily reinvent yourself over and over again.
We see a lot of this among Hollywood stars. They have good and bad hair days, just like us, but they’re constantly setting the pace for new trends in fashion, hair and makeup, and many times they are the ones who inspire fashion designers. Good thing awards show season is just getting started and we can get a few ideas from what’s ‘in’ now!
At the Golden Globes for example, we saw a few really pretty cool hairdos, some of which are not hard to put together at home, like Eva Longoria’s old-fashioned low chignon, Rachel McAdams’ high pouf, and Taraji P. Henson’s messy side coif. We loved these for their elegant simplicity and full of body-ness!
And you know what can definitely help you add more body and volume to your locks? You got it: MONAT! Each one of the MONAT products and Systems are specially formulated to nourish your hair and scalp and help you have visible longer, fuller, stronger, youthful-looking hair.
So if you’re looking to feel like new this New Year, why not go for a different hairdo?
Wave That Ponytail Hello
Who says all ponytails are created equal? It’s time to shake things up, whether you have straight of curly hair.
- After washing your hair with your favorite MONAT shampoo and conditioner, spray Reshape Root Lifter directly to roots and apply Restyle Instant Sculpting Taffy throughout ends.
- Whip your hair to the front and blow dry downwards.
- Divide your hair in medium-sized sections and use a curling iron to shape each one from roots to ends (be careful not to get the iron too close to your scalp).
- Separate the curls with a flat, thin-bristle brush and hold your hair in a ponytail at desired height, without flattening the top to keep the waves all over.
No More Braids, Thank You
Time to give your hair and your scalp a breather. Gently remove the tight braids and use MONAT daily to nourish every strand, give your mane a healthy shine, and avoid freeze.
- Apply a generous amount of Replenish Masque on all your hair and scalp and leave in for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with your favorite MONAT shampoo and conditioner, apply the Restore Leave-In Conditioner and towel dry by sqweezing out excess water. Do not rub-dry!
- Rub a few drops of REJUVENIQE™ Oil Intensive between hands and apply throughout your hair ends. Repeat if needed.
- Blow-dry on low heat using your hands to maintain the shape of your curls.
- Finish with a few extra drops of REJUVENIQE™ as needed.
The Hipster In Me
Be daring. Be bold. Be [the real] you. Besides looking cool, a good short avant-garde trim will remove split ends and help your hair gain strength and bounce.
- After washing your hair with your favorite MONAT shampoo andconditioner, spray Reshape Root Lifter directly to roots and apply Restyle Instant Sculpting Taffy throughout ends.
- Use a medium-sized round brush to blow-dry your hair upwards. Do not flat-iron.
- Rub a dab of the Sculpting Taffy between hands and use your fingers to style your hair to one side, preserving height.
- Finish by spraying Refinish Control Hairspray all over.