- Herbal teas
- Cucumber and Lemon infused water
- Hair masques – like Double Action Hydrating Serum and Heavenly Hydrating Masque
- Hand scrubs and exfoliants
- Scented candles
- REALLY good towels (the thicker the better!)
- Skin moisturizers – you can’t go wrong with our REJUVENIQETM Oil Intensive
- Volunteer to make your partner’s favourite dinner. Or, even better, work together to make a memorable meal.
- Be sure to be a little extra with how you prepare the dinner – dress up a bit, light some candles, open that bottle of wine you’ve been saving.
- Clean and decorate a little ahead of time, to help clear your minds and put you in a better mood.
- Make a playlist of your favourite songs, both for the dinner and for the time you’re relaxing together after.
- Chocolates are the expected sweet gift for Valentine’s, but don’t be afraid to break the mold if your partner prefers other treats. Nuts, fruits, or hard candies can be just as delicious.
- Take those treats and arrange them in a Valentine’s Day themed mug or red and white dish. The extra effort helps to show your appreciation.
- If you really would like to craft something unique for your partner, consider taking inspiration from any of these DIY gifts. We especially like the #10 book safe, the #24 map themed coasters and the #75 flavoured salts.
- There is nothing that says “I love you” more than taking your time to put your own words down on paper. A sincere letter about your true feelings will be something your partner will cherish for years.
- Not all romances are tragic, a night of laughs can be a great time. Look for local comedy shows, stand-ups, or improv troupes that you and your partner can enjoy.
- Not afraid to laugh at each other? Try finding a bar or arcade that offers karaoke. This could also be an amazing double date opportunity.
- Dinner and a movie may sound cliché, but as always, it’s the thought that counts. If nothing great is playing at the local cinema, consider taking in a college theatre production or other small venue show.
- If you and your partner enjoy alcoholic drinks, take a tour of a brewery or distillery. Local crafting is huge right now, and chances are you have a nearby location where you can enjoy a tasting menus for a wide variety of flavours.
- Up for an urban adventure? Visit local landmarks, museums, and art galleries. They tend to not be as crowded as other entertainment options and less expensive.
- Or, if you prefer the lure of the great outdoors, you could enjoy a hike or a snowshoeing adventure – depending on your local climate, of course.
- If the weather is really on your side, consider watching the sunset and then some comfortable stargazing from a nearby location. If the weather isn’t great, you could always go with the “night in” plan.
- Can’t find a babysitter for the kids? Plan a family game night with desserts and hot chocolate. It’ll be a great opportunity to pull them away from their mobile devices.
- If you have family members who are alone on Valentine’s, consider making plans to invite them over – especially if they’ve just lost their own partner. Just that one night could mean the world to them.
- A day of service could also make the difference for someone’s life. Volunteering for your church, shelter, food bank, or local charity may not be the traditional idea of a Valentine’s date, but it might end up being the one you’ll remember for a lifetime.
- Eliminates wastes through urination, perspiration and bowel movements
- Keeps your temperature normal
- Lubricates and cushions joints
- Protects sensitive tissues1
What do the experts say? According to Howard Murad, author of The Water Secret: The Cellular Breakthrough to Look and Feel 10 Years Younger, not drinking water makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled, which can be improved with proper hydration.
1 Healthy Lifestyle: Nutrition and healthy eating. Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256?pg=2
2 Fetters, K. Does Drinking Water Really Give You Glowing Skin? Women’s Health Magazine. February 26, 2015. https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/drinking-water-for-better-skin
3 Micco, N., M.S. 7 Refreshing Foods to Help You Stay Hydrated. Eating Well. http://www.eatingwell.com/article/17576/7-refreshing-foods-to-help-you-stay-hydrated/